For assistance with your construction law enquiry, please contact Janeen Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-544-0211, x8017.
The Construction Law Group has broad litigation experience ranging from multi-million dollar commercial and infrastructure projects to residential and retail construction disputes. Our lawyers understand the implications of problems in a build and can provide our clients with the tools needed to control the financial and cost exposures that result from construction disputes.
We are pleased to provide strategic, tactical and litigation services across all aspects of the construction industry, including:
- Construction Liens – whether an owner, lender, general contractor or subcontractors down the payment chain, we can provide practical advice and immediate action to get construction liens registered or move quickly to discharge and defend against liens that threaten project financing and timely completion;
- Lien Litigation – we have successfully represented both plaintiff and defendant clients in lien related litigation across a broad range of projects;
- Institutional and Commercial Construction Projects – our lawyers have acted for a variety of private and public sector clients on projects ranging from the construction of condominium/commercial spaces to large retail facility builds to new municipal infrastructure development;
- Residential Builds and Refurbishment Projects – we have acted for both owners and contractors in disputes involving allegations of breach of contract and negligence;
- Tarion Warranty Corporation – we have the experience necessary to fight back against Tarion prosecutions and deal with all forms of litigation and arbitration arising from out of the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and new residential builds;
- Contract Drafting and Advice – we are consulted frequently to review standard form contracts or to draft specialized contracts as may be required;
- Professional Negligence – we have acted for professionals who find themselves as defendants facing allegations of breach of trust, breach of contract and negligence;
- Debt Enforcement – after achieving Judgment we have pursued debtors to seize property and other assets arising from construction litigation.