For assistance with your energy law enquiry, please contact Lisa Asbreuk at email@example.com or 613-546-8080.
Our energy lawyers have been involved in some of the most successful renewable energy projects in Canada and are on the forefront of advising solar, wind, bio-energy, and small hydro developers, municipalities, landowners, and contractors on all aspects of project siting and design, land access agreements, municipal agreements, local consultation and approvals, structuring, and financing.
We are regularly involved in:
- negotiating and preparing commercial agreements for engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services, and operation and maintenance (O&M) services;
- a balanced and practical approach to lease / option agreement review and negotiations;
- corporate and tax driven structuring of groups of limited partnerships and corporations suitable for project financing and FIT program ownership requirements;
- loan and security documents required for construction and take-out financing, and security packages for investors;
- M&A transactions on the purchase and sale of project portfolios, due diligence, and rapid distressed project sales or investments transactions when necessary;
- working with renewable energy co-operatives, first nations, and municipal project partners;
- PPA contract compliance and correspondence with regulators;
- emerging trends in renewable energy supply mix planning and procurement, and climate change / carbon pricing law and policy in Ontario and Alberta; and
- local opportunities in conservation, demand management, efficiency, CHP/district heating, and green building.
Our lawyers are also experienced in other areas of energy law, including oil & gas, pipelines, and power, and are licensed to practice in Ontario and Alberta.