Angela practices in the areas of estate planning, administration and real estate.
Angela enjoys estate planning for both clients who require straightforward wills and power of attorney documents, and also for clients who have complex situations, including:
- second marriages and blended families
- common law relationships
- private corporations, including medical corporations
- cottages and recreational properties
- alter ego and family trusts
- probate minimization
- disinheriting and unequal treatment of beneficiaries
- mental health issues
- disabled beneficiaries
Angela’s key estate planning goal when working with clients is to create the plan most likely to ensure family harmony and tax efficiency when the estate is passed to the next generation, regardless of whether the estate is passed directly to the beneficiaries or through a trust. She also takes care to provide interested clients with tools to contemplate and craft end-of-life instructions.
Executors and trustees can rely on Angela to advise on and manage the probate application and estate administration process, or to act as an estate trustee. She handles estates with:
- on-going business interests
- foreign properties
- disharmonious beneficiaries
- the sale of commercial, residential and cottage properties
Angela has also acted for clients in submitting guardianship applications to the Court.
In addition, Angela assists clients with the purchase, sale and refinance of residential and commercial properties.
Angela was called to the bar in 2007. Prior to joining Cunningham Swan, Angela worked for a number of years building a successful law practice in Kingston.