Emma Cotman is an associate in our Real Estate and Land Use Planning & Development groups. Emma provides services in all aspects of real estate law, including:
- Acquisition and disposition of commercial properties
- Financing of real property
- Land development
- Commercial and residential tenancy issues
- Review and drafting of lease agreements
- Acquisition and disposition of residential properties
- Preparation and review of agreements of purchase and sale
Emma grew up in Kingston and received her JD from Queen’s University in 2016. Emma’s involvement in law school included serving as a Caseworker for the Queen’s Business Law Clinic. She summered and articled at a commercial real estate firm in Toronto, then joined Cunningham Swan LLP following her call to the bar in 2017.
Prior to law school, Emma earned a Bachelor of Physical Health and Education with accreditation in Kinesiology from the University of Toronto, and graduated with Honours.