Robert Gencarelli is an Associate in our Real Estate Law, Municipal Law, and Land Use Planning & Development Groups.
Rob provides services and advice to the firm’s municipal and private clients in various areas of municipal concern, including:
- Municipal governance
- Land use planning and development, including subdivision control, zoning, condominiums, and official plan policies
- By-law drafting and review
- Review and drafting of municipal agreements
- Zoning issues
- Building Code and Fire Code issues
- Legislative powers and constitutional issues
- Freedom of information and conflict of interest matters
- Municipal elections matters
- Municipal liability issues
- Environmental standards and approvals
Rob assists municipalities, Conservation authorities, and Public Health units with prosecutions under many by-laws and statutes. He also assists municipalities and private corporations in defending and managing a variety of environmental investigations and prosecutions.
Rob also represents private clients in matters involving the acquisition, disposition and financing of real property and advises on many aspects of land development, including plans of subdivision and new home construction, and commercial and residential tenancy issues.
Rob grew up in the Kingston area. After completing an undergraduate degree in sciences and economics at Queen’s University, he attended law school in Ottawa. During law school, Rob spent his summers working in Kingston with the Ministry of the Attorney General and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
Rob articled with the firm and returned as an Associate in 2016 after his Call to the Bar.