- How many articling students does Cunningham Swan typically employ?
- Cunningham Swan typically seeks to fill two articling positions each year. In addition, we also hire two summer students for the period between May 15 and August 15.
- How much can I expect to make?
- Student compensation is on par with other similarly sized law firms in the Eastern Ontario region.
- Are articling students typically hired back as associates?
- Our goal is to train future partners. For this reason we strive to provide students with the opportunities and training they need to continue with our firm as associates and then junior partners. To this end, where a student demonstrates their commitment to excellence and to the shared goals and values of our firm, we are pleased to invite them to continue to grow with us.
- Can I talk to current students at the firm?
- Absolutely. One of the best ways to determine if Cunningham Swan is right for you is to speak to as many people from the firm as possible, including current students, associates and partners. You can find information about our current students, including their contact information here or you can feel free to contact any of our lawyers by telephone or email.
Our current Associates are: Greg Dobney firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8078 Brian Gillingham email@example.com 613.546.8081 Kalen Ingram firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8060 Angela Fallow email@example.com 613.546.8089 Robert Maratta firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8085 Andrew Sapiano email@example.com 613.546.8083 Angela Severson firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8069 Claire Kadwell email@example.com 613.546.8087 Danielle Russell firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8094 Emma Cotman email@example.com 613.546.8061 Matt Taft firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8068 Silvia Cioci email@example.com 613.546.8062 Desiree Smith firstname.lastname@example.org 613.546.8095 Lisa Scheulderman email@example.com 613.546.8071
- What should my application include?
- Your application should include a cover letter, your resume, a photocopy of your academic record at law school and in your most recent undergraduate degree and any reference information you feel we might find useful.
- Where do I send my application?
Please send applications for summer student or articling student positions to: Attention: Lorna Wilson, Human Resources Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 613.544.0211 Mail: Cunningham Swan LLP
27 Princess Street; Suite 300
We also accept student applications through the viRecruit Portal. Click here to access the viRecruit Portal and view our current job postings for law students.