For assistance with your environmental law enquiry, please contact Matt Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-546-8084.
Our Environmental Group has industry-leading experience and expertise in all aspects of environmental law. We help our clients take proactive steps to keep ahead of changes in environmental laws which affect their businesses, assets, and interests. Our clients include public and private companies of all sizes, municipalities, and individuals, including board directors and executives, and estate administrators.
Our environmental services include:
- Corporate Transactions: deal structuring and environmental risk management advice in the context of land, asset, and share transactions, and brownfield redevelopment projects
- Litigation: prosecution and defence of contaminated land disputes and defence of Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change orders and enforcement actions, including managing Ministry investigations
- Regulatory Compliance: corporate environmental compliance and internal policy development
- Toxic Substances: advice relating to toxic substances, domestic substances, and new substances
- Waste Management and Diversion: practical advice and opinions to seize opportunities and manage obligations relating to the handling and disposal of waste and compliance with product stewardship regulations
- Environmental Assessments: advice on federal and provincial environmental assessments, including class environmental assessments, strategic planning, and consultations
- Municipal: proactive advice in advance of vesting or transferring tax sale properties, managing the liability associated with historic landfills, and drafting Municipal Responsibility Agreements