Alan Whyte *
Alan is a partner in our Labour and Employment Law Group and also provides employment mediation and workplace investigation services.
Prior to joining our firm, Alan served as a Vice-chair of the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario where he mediated and adjudicated human rights disputes across the province.
Before joining the Tribunal, Alan represented employers throughout Eastern Ontario and beyond in all aspects of the employment relationship for over 25 years. He assisted, and continues to assist, clients in relation to both union and non-union matters and in both the public and private sectors.
Alan has extensive experience and is able to provide legal services in the following areas:
• Strategic proactive advice so as to prevent or minimize liability
• Collective bargaining/strike management/interest arbitration
• Labour arbitration
• Wrongful dismissal litigation
• Managing and advising on workplace harassment investigations
• Restructuring advice and representation
• Workplace Safety and Insurance matters
• Ontario Labour Relations Board proceedings
• Human rights proceedings
• Occupational Health and Safety charges and other matters
• Supervisor/management training
Alan has appeared before all levels of the courts in Ontario and numerous administrative tribunals.
Alan is a frequent speaker and presenter at conferences and other events in both Eastern Ontario and Toronto.
Alan has always been actively involved in the community and currently serves as a Board member on a number of non-profit boards as well as a member of the Queen’s Law School Dean’s Advisory Council