Claire practices in our litigation and estate groups, where she assists clients faced with legal problems arising from diminished mental capacity, death of a loved one, and financial vulnerability. She represents guardians, beneficiaries, trustees, executors, attorneys under a power of attorney, and individuals whose capacity to manage property or personal care has been challenged. She will meet with clients from Kingston and throughout Eastern Ontario.
Claire knows that problems in this area of law can arise unexpectedly and when families are grieving. She explains the intricacies of the law clearly and provides creative, economical solutions. She understands the personal nature of your legal issues, and provides ardent and dedicated advocacy on your behalf for practical, principled solutions that allow you to move forward with your life.
Claire began her career at the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee advocating for vulnerable and marginalized individuals. She has experience in estate, guardianship, family law, and civil litigation. In 2018, she joined Cunningham Swan, where she continues to work in the areas of estate, trust and capacity litigation, and elder law, including:
- power of attorney disputes
- guardianship applications
- passing of estate, trustee, attorney, and guardian accounts
- compensation for caregivers
- elder abuse and power of attorney fraud
- will challenges and intestacies
- executor misconduct claims
- variation of trusts
- dependant support applications
- agency services in Kingston and Eastern Ontario