James L. McDonald
James L. McDonald is a partner in Cunningham Swan’s Litigation Group.
James regularly provides advice and direction to clients considering a lawsuit or defending actions. An advocate by nature, James has a litigation practice that includes a broad spectrum of municipal, corporate, commercial and contractual disputes. He has experience with:
- municipal zoning and by-law litigation;
- municipal election finance prosecutions;
- commercial lease and real property litigation;
- construction disputes and liens;
- contract disputes;
- fiduciary and shareholder disputes;
- negligence and tort claims;
- personal injury, LTD, accident benefits and other insurance claims.
James appears regularly before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and has experience at the Ontario Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals. He has also participated in mediations, arbitrations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.