Paul Fleming is a partner responsible for our Estate and Capacity Litigation Group. He practices exclusively in the area of estate law conflict which broadly encompasses:
- disputes over wills, powers of attorney and trust agreements
- court applications for guardianship
- claims for dependant’s support
- trustee accountability and passing of accounts
- actions for breach of fiduciary duty, as well as highly sensitive matters involving elder abuse and predatory marriage
- Family Law Act claims
Paul brings a great depth of experience and compassion to his clients when managing conflict for estate trustees, beneficiaries, spouses, parents and other individuals who are involved in some of life’s most challenging moments.
Before joining Cunningham Swan, Paul was the principal lawyer at Fleming Estate Law in Kingston for many years. Prior to his return from British Columbia, Paul practiced as a crown attorney with the Ministry of the Attorney General and then with a prominent firm of civil trial lawyers in Vancouver.
Paul regularly appears at all levels of court in Ontario. He is often invited to speak on diverse topics about estates law, advocacy or the civil justice system in public and at conferences before his peers.