Ryan is an associate in our Wills and Estates Group. His practice focuses exclusively on wills, estates, and trusts, where he works with clients to develop the succession plan that works best for them, including:
- Wills, including multiple wills
- Powers of attorney, including living wills
- Trusts (testamentary, alter ego, inter vivos, Henson, charitable, and insurance trusts)
- Taxation at death and personal tax planning
- Applications for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (Probate)
- Advice on Estate Administration Tax matters
- The management and sale of estate interests in real property
- Advice for executors as solicitor for the estate
Before joining our firm as an Articling Student in 2018, Ryan attended law school at the University of Ottawa where he was a member of the law school’s environmental moot team. During law school, Ryan worked as a research assistant for the Public Interest Advocacy Centre, researching peer-to-peer lending and the fintech industry in Canada more broadly. In addition to his work in the non-profit sector, Ryan worked for the Federal Government providing legal services for both Transport Canada and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Communities.
Ryan grew up in the Gananoque area and looks forward to serving the greater Kingston community.