Alan Whyte is a Partner in our Labour and Employment Law Group. He is proud to be a Kingston lawyer, having attended Queen’s University for both his B.A. and LL.B. He has spent almost 40 years advocating for employers in their employment relationships across many industries.
His experiences over those years led him to take the role of Vice-Chair of the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, where he stayed for a number of years before joining the Cunningham Swan team. Today, Alan continues to serve his community as Chair of the Board of Directors of the Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario, a member of the Board of Highland Shores Childrens’ Aid Society, and as a member of the Queen’s Law School Dean’s Advisory Council. He has appeared before all levels of the courts in Ontario and can often be found speaking at conferences in Eastern Ontario through to Toronto.
Alan provides an array of labour and employment services to employers in Southeastern Ontario. Specifically, he can support the following matters:
- Strategic proactive advice so as to prevent or minimize liability
- Collective bargaining/strike management
- Human rights proceedings
- Labour arbitration
- Wrongful dismissal litigation
- Managing and advising on workplace harassment investigations
- Restructuring advice and representation
- Workplace Safety and Insurance matters
- Ontario Labour Relations Board proceedings
- Occupational Health and Safety charges and other related matters
- Supervisor/management training
When he is not helping employers navigate the aforementioned matters, Alan can be found at the family cottage near Bancroft.