Alexandra Manthorpe is an Associate in our Wills & Estates group.
Alexandra completed a First Degree Honours undergraduate degree at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick. Afterward, she attended Queen’s Law in Kingston where she received a course prize (first place) for Wills & Estates, graduating in 2010.
Currently, her focus is estate and trust planning, business succession planning, and estate and trust administration. She enjoys working with clients to help them prepare for the future in order to protect themselves and provide for their loved ones in the best manner possible.
Alexandra joined the Cunningham Swan team in early 2021 and is available to support clients in the following matters:
- Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and Property
- Drafting Wills, including Multiple Wills for clients with corporate interests and Wills with “Henson Trusts” (fully discretionary trusts) for disabled beneficiaries
- Drafting Trust Deeds, including for family trusts, Alter Ego Trusts and Joint Spousal (or Joint Partner) Trusts
- Certificates of Appointment (probate) for estates, and post-Certificate estate administration
- Providing advice to estate trustees, Attorneys for Property, Attorneys for Personal Care, and trustees
- Succession planning for businesses
Outside of work, Alexandra is a busy mother of three and enjoys hockey, golf, camping, canoeing, hiking, traveling and visiting art galleries and museums.