Brian Gillingham is a Partner in our Wills and Estates Law group, focusing exclusively on succession planning, wills and estates law, and the law of trusts.
Brian was raised in the Kingston region and eagerly returned to the area to continue his career following his education at Carleton University and Osgoode Hall Law School. When needed, Brian liaises and works with tax and other financial professionals to better support his clients. Brian is a co-author of the book Drafting Wills in Canada: A Lawyer’s Practical Guide, 3rd Edition (LexisNexis, 2021) and regularly presents on estates and trusts topics in Southeastern Ontario.
Brian regularly supports clients, high net worth individuals, professionals, and private company owners in the following estate planning matters:
- Wills, Multiple Wills, Trusts and Will substitutes
- Probate applications
- Business succession planning
- Tax minimization
- Creditor protection
- Support of disabled beneficiaries (Henson Trusts)
- Ongoing wealth transfers
- Advice related to fiduciary duties
- Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care