Emma Cotman is an Associate in our Real Estate group.
Emma grew up in Kingston and was happy to stay in the area when she received her J.D. from Queen’s University in 2016. In her time at Queens, she served as a Caseworker for the Queen’s Business Law Clinic and acted as a Student Ambassador.
Emma’s career at Cunningham Swan started early, when she was onboarded as a Summer Student. She gained additional commercial real estate experience at a boutique firm in Toronto before returning to Cunningham Swan as an Associate in 2017.
She provides services in all aspects of real estate law, including:
- Acquisition and disposition of real property
- Drafting commercial lease agreements
- Advising on commercial leasing matters
- Certification of title
- Financing of real property
- Land development
- Real property assessment and taxation matters
When she is not working, Emma can be found trying new recipes in the kitchen or going for a long run through the city.