Lisa Asbreuk is a Partner in our Business Law group.
Lisa provides advice to clients on corporate commercial transactions and Ontario and Alberta energy sector matters. Lisa studied at the University of Ottawa before pursuing her L.L.B and Certificate in Energy and Environmental Law from Dalhousie University.
Prior to joining Cunningham Swan, Lisa practiced with a major national law firm in Toronto and Calgary, and in-house at ENMAX Corporation in Calgary. She maintains a strong interest in the energy and clean tech sectors and related environmental and economic policy matters, and in providing practical value-added legal services to clients in all sectors in their commercial or charitable pursuits.
Today, Lisa advises businesses and entrepreneurs on the following matters:
- Asset sale/purchase and share sale/purchase transactions
- Private equity and debt financing
- Incorporation and partnership structuring
- Corporate group structuring and reorganizations
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Equity compensation (shares, options + phantom agreements)
- Commercial contract preparation and negotiation
- Counterparty risk management
- Shareholder dispute navigation and advice (outside litigation)
- Inter-corporate and related party contracts
- Family trusts
- NFP and charities corporate and commercial matters
Lisa has experience in energy law and policy matters related to the Ontario and Alberta power, pipeline, and oil and gas sectors and emerging Canadian carbon markets, particularly with respect to the following:
- Renewable power project development
- Energy contracts
- Project due diligence
- Interconnection and transmission issues
- Procurement and construction contracts
- Regulatory requirements
- Emissions and offsets
- Conservation and demand management
- Distributed generation
On the weekends, Lisa can be found enjoying outdoor activities and adventures with family and friends. She enjoys biking, swimming, and climbing and is regularly involved in efforts to protect our natural environment.