Robert is a senior associate lawyer and registered trademark agent in our Business Law Group. Robert has earned a reputation as a leading regional lawyer in the areas of intellectual property, information technology and not-for-profit law, and assists clients with businesses at all stages of growth and development. Some areas of his focus include:
- Incorporation and organizational matters for non-profit and for profit corporations;
- Asset and share purchase/sale transactions;
- Drafting corporate/commercial agreements including shareholder agreements and business to business contracts;
- Advising software companies on licensing and software development strategies including SaaS contracts;
- Advising on privacy related inquiries;
- Advising businesses on how to protect, preserve, license and transaction their intellectual property;
- Advising businesses on goodwill, brand, and name rights and protection; and
- Registration of trademarks and copyright and licensing.
Robert was a scientist before becoming a lawyer, completing his Bachelor of Science in biochemistry and physiology at the University of Toronto and Master of Science in neuroscience at Queen’s University. Before joining Cunningham Swan, he worked at a leading national law firm specializing in intellectual property and technology law.
Robert is a dad who lives and works here in Kingston Ontario with his family. On weekends, he can be found cottaging, mountain biking, playing guitar and letting his golden retriever take him for walks.
Registered Trademark Agent Since 2018