Ryan is an Associate in our Wills and Estates group.
His practice focuses exclusively on wills, estates, and trusts, where he works with clients to develop the succession plan that works best for them.
Ryan attended law school at the University of Ottawa where he was a member of the law school’s environmental moot team. In addition to his studies, he worked as a research assistant for the Public Interest Advocacy Centre, researching peer-to-peer lending and the fintech industry in Canada more broadly.
In 2018, Ryan joined Cunningham Swan as an articling student, and returned as an Associate soon after his call to the bar. Today, he supports clients in the following matters:
- Wills, including multiple wills
- Powers of attorney, including living wills
- Trusts (testamentary, alter ego, inter vivos, Henson, charitable, and insurance trusts)
- Taxation at death and personal tax planning
- Applications for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (Probate)
- Advice on Estate Administration Tax matters
- The management and sale of estate interests in real property
- Advice for executors as solicitor for the estate
Ryan is a Kingston local, having grown up in the Gananoque area.