As COVID-19 continues to play a disrupting role in today’s society, our experienced Business Law team at Cunningham, Swan, Carty, Little & Bonham LLP is passionately helping clients navigate these uncertain times by providing practical and timely advice to clients on topics which matter most.
Our team will be hosting a virtual seminar on Thursday, November 12, 2020 on the emerging business risks and opportunities we see in the current market. The substantive portion of the seminar will be from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., but please feel free to join us for casual discussion and pre-greet prior to the start of the seminar at 7:45 a.m.
Our experienced team will provide insight on:
- Merger and Acquisition Transaction Trends and Special Provisions
- We will discuss some key aspects of a business transaction and consider some of the pressing issues facing purchasers and vendors in the current market, including important due diligence matters, closing document terms, employment issues, payment risk and post-closing considerations.
- Contract Risk Management
- We will discuss some essential risk management tools and remedies which may be available to you under the terms of your contract or at common law, including force majeure clauses and contract frustration.
- We will also discuss some key issues relating to employment agreements and strategies to mitigate risk and limit liability during a pandemic.
- Financing and Access to Capital
- We will discuss the current financing market, the availability of debt and equity financing, and the use of CEWS or other government programs as financing tools.
Please join us for an informative and thought-provoking discussion Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 7:45 a.m. for pre-seminar greetings, followed by substantive discussion at 8:00 a.m. You can register here.
If you are unable to join us for the virtual seminar but have questions relating to any of the topics noted above, please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of our Business Law team.